This release brings some stability and usability improvements, along with a few new features that are still a bit experimental like selections, search/replace and hexagonal maps.
- Added search/replace functionality
- Added tooltips to buttons
- Added map save/load plugin support
- Added marquee selections
- Added HexMapView, contributed by Andreas Mross (experimental)
- Removed name and version attributes from map, custom properties suffice there
- Removed name attribute from tile for same reason
- More intelligent starting locations for file choosers
- Grid display is now configurable (opacity, antialiasing)
- Fixes to tileset editing dialog
- Fixed config file saving to stop adding newlines to the config file
- Fixed window close button to behave the same as File->Exit
- Fixed undo/redo for moving layers
- Fixed moving a duplicated layer to no longer move original too
Thanks go to Ahmed Mohombe and Andreas Mross for their feedback and suggestions! Andreas also contributed code for hexagonal maps, expect improvements to this new map view in later versions.
This is an imported post. For comments see the original post on Blogger.