After a long pause, there's finally a new release of Tiled. We also released two tutorials on the website. Changes include:
- Configuration defaults to preset values, Tiled should now work fine if there is no initial config file
- Layer rotation and flipping
- Map resizing (warning: cannot be undone yet)
- Custom properties on tiles and map
- A file filter on loading and saving for .tmx and .tsx
- Several UI improvements (usage of JSplitPane and JSpinner for example)
- Small changes to the map format*
- Implemented a better underlying architecture for Maps and Brushes
- Fixed several null pointer exceptions
- Added an Ant build target for tiled-core.jar, for use in Java engines
- Support for other than 2:1 isometric tile ratios (2:1 and 1:1 tested)
- Fixed redo for painting operations (paint, fill, erase)
- Improved undo/redo of layer organisation changes
*) Map width/height are now attributes of the map element instead of a seperate dimensions element. Also, Tiled now correctly wraps unencoded layer data in a data element.
This is an imported post. For comments see the original post on Blogger.