Apart from fixing a number of issues in Tiled 1.10, this release adds read-only access to parts of the loaded project and improves the interaction of panning with Space. The latter now requires the left mouse button to be pressed as well, and now also works in the tileset view.
For Linux users, note that the Qt 5 AppImage no longer works on Ubuntu 18.04 since it is now built on Ubuntu 20.04 and requires Glibc 2.30. Users of Ubuntu 18.04 can still install the latest Tiled through snap or Flatpak. The snap has now also been updated to Qt 5.15 and the Flatpak for 1.10.1 will use Qt 6.4.
Note that the initial Windows builds of 1.10.1 unfortunately shipped with a tiled.exe that didn’t have an icon. This was corrected the next day, so if you’re affected by this problem you can just re-download the installer to fix the icon.
- Make panning with Space require pressing a mouse button as well (#3626)
- Scripting: Added read-only access to Project properties (by dogboydog, #3622)
- Scripting: Fixed behavior of
- Fixed object labels to adjust to application font changes
- Fixed grid rendering for odd Hex Side Length values (#3623)
- Fixed tile stamp getting messed up on staggered maps in some cases (#3431)
- JSON plugin: Fixed loading of empty tilesets created by script (#3542)
- Godot 4 plugin: Removed depth limit for
.godotproject file (#3612)
- Improved Terrain Brush for Hexagonal (Staggered) maps with side length 0 (#3617)
- Removed “Add Folder to Project” button from the startup page
- Qt 6: Increased the image allocation limit from 128 MB to 1 GB (#3616)
- Qt 6 / Linux: Fixed long startup time for some icon themes
- snap: Updated from core20 to core22 (now uses Qt 5.15)
- Qbs: Added
Many thanks to all who’ve reported issues, and of course to everybody who supports Tiled development with a donation!